West Park Listed Buildings
Local Buildings and Features of Interest
• Parade of shops at 247-263 Otley Road.
• 2 Darnley Road, home of J.R.R. Tolkien in 1920’s (with Leeds Civic Trust Blue Plaque)
• Gatepiers at original entrance to Kirkstall Grange from Spen Lane – ‘at risk’.
• Milestone at the Spen Lane/Spen Road junction on the old road from Leeds to Otley.
• Weetwood House and Lodge, Otley Road.
• Kilronan, 10a Weetwood Park Drive
• Old field boundary wall to west and south side of Spen Road in two sections: just north of West Parade and closing off North Parade.
• Most pre-1934 buildings as defined in the West Park Conservation Area Appraisal as 'positive buildings'
Extracted from Far Headingley, Weetwood & West Park Neighbourhood Design Statement, Leeds City Council, 2ed, 2014. The whole document is available online at <http://www.leeds.gov.uk/docs/FH%20NDS%20Adoption%20Version.pdf>